Friday, June 7, 2013

The time passed so quickly, as it does when we age!  We walked, we golfed, we soaked in the hot tub, we laughed, we drank, we were definitely "merry" and we caught up on our lives, our interests, and yes, on our kids (now young adults), the reason we all came together in the first place.  I rode in M's car through the pass and thought of how I loved the "smell" of the trees and the fresh rain, the beauty of the mountains.  The mountains have always felt like "home" for me.  I digress....

My Moms' Retreat has ended, and I am a bit sad, but my heart sings with all of the wonderful stories shared, the lives our own kids have made and are making for themselves and sings with the tune about how you can be apart for so long, yet always pick right back up where you left off.  That is the sign of friendship and that is what I experience each and every time I return to SB Moms' Retreat. 

Thank you for the love, for the laughs, for teaching me "flip cup"!  Thank you for dancing, for singing, for great food made with love and for your time, which in this day and age is the most important of gifts we can give to each other. 

Until next time, ladies .......

No comments:

Post a Comment