Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Welcome to my emotional rollercoaster....

Well, it's here. The time as a mom you never really see coming, until it's upon you. I'm speaking about sending your first-born off to college. It's been a mixed bag of emotions for me. Excitement for him, sadness for my younger son, and me, questions of whether I did enough "right", and the list goes on. I have tried to "tap" the wisdom of others as I have approached this upcoming event of the "move 'em in and leave." Everyone's story is different, but every mother talks about crying, a very natural thing. I feel like I've been buying, buying, buying, to make sure he has everything, yet I know there are many things I've probably not thought of. I look at the recent commercials from Target and other stores and laugh, yet feel very sad, because that is going to be me in another week. Everything right now is "lasts"! Last favorite meals, last visits, last instructions on "how to" etc. I decided to "blog" for my own outlet, a way to write about what I am feeling and what I will most likely encounter over this first "unknown" year with CD. I also want to be cognizant of CD2 remaining at home and making sure I spend that quality time with him while he is still with us. Feel free to join me on this journey and offer wisdom. It's always appreciated......

No comments:

Post a Comment