Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's official; he's gone

So we spent a day and a half in San Francisco before taking CD to UOP. We walked, ate, rode the public transit -- cable cars, trolleys, etc. We went to Alcatraz, played games, ate some more and had a nice time together. We moved CD in on Thursday and helped him get things settled. As we approached time to say goodbye he became much more quiet. I knew we needed to leave so he could gather himself and go seek his buddies out. I was okay until the very moment, and I couldn't help but cry. His arms around me, I knew, I would not feel again for two months.....

They were to leave for Yosemite the next morning for a frosh bonding and community service project. I'm sure he was tired when he finally got back to his dorm last night. The house seems so quiet, so lonely right now. Poor CD2 is lost. I need to focus on him and we will spend some good, quality time together. I can't imagine how long it will take before the absence calms.

It's hard, too, not to reach out in this day of texting, Facebook and the like. I want/need to give him is space, so I'm refraining from trying to contact him every minute!!! It's taking all I've got, though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment