Sunday, May 19, 2013

Summer: My favorite time

As summer lays waiting to spread itself over us like a cool, salty wave I find myself relishing this time more than ever.  Perhaps it's because my boys are growing older and I know that our summers as a "family unit" are numbered, so it feels very special to have both boys home.  I find myself looking forward to some noise, lots of music, video games played with friends, backyard fires in the fire pit and making "favorite" dishes for the family.  With one year "down" for CD2 and looking ahead to a "new beginning" for CD, optimism is on the horizon and it feels good.  I have a camping trip planned near the beach in June and an August beach house rented for a week on Mission Bay.  This summer has the potential for some wonderful memories.  The house will buzz and the goal will be to treasure the "moments" we have.  Ah, summertime, please stay awhile.....

No comments:

Post a Comment